Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Favorite Fish Chowder -- pg. 191

Normally, I dislike titles that assume things like "Favorite" or "Heartwarming" that they could not possibly know.  I guess that's still true.  I do like this recipe, though.  It was very easy, and only had one kind of fish in it -- cod, which also happens to be inexpensive.  The only seasonings are salt, pepper and lemon juice.  I was worried this would be bland and one-dimensional, but everyone really liked it.  Was it their favorite?  No.  Remember back at the beginning, I told you about the "Seafood Chowder"?  That's the favorite, the soup by which all other soups will be judged.  So I was going to give this four spoons, but you know what?  I am giving it 4.25 spoons because it's easier and tastes almost as good as the way-more-complicated and expensive "Seafood Chowder".  Don't call it Favorite.  Call it Easy Cod Chowder.

No comments:

Post a Comment